Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my Bio and career brief.
I was born in Detroit, Michigan and raised in a single-parent environment. Later, I became the charge of my grandparents, who instilled in me a priceless value-system.
I lived in the rural farming community of Bentley, Michigan; and, for two years, I also lived in urban Chicago. Later, I moved to a suburb of Detroit – Royal Oak, Michigan.
- Enlisted in the U.S. Navy at the age of seventeen
- US Navy Advanced Electronics School
- Basic electronics Instructor at Naval Air Technical Training Center, Tennessee
- Maintained electronics equipment in P-2V Neptune Patrol aircraft, Hawaii
- Flight Duty as radio operator, Hawaii
- Advanced to Petty Officer First Class
- Assigned to a helicopter squadron / flight crew as a sonar operator and rescue crewman
- Advanced to Chief Petty Officer in eighth year of service
- Four deployments to the Vietnam and Thailand areas, carrier and land-based
- Advanced to Senior Chief Petty Officer in eleventh year of service
- Retired Sr. Chief Petty Officer in 1975
In 1959, I proudly enlisted in the U.S. Navy at the age of seventeen. After successfully completing US Navy Aviation electronics school, I was awarded enough high school credits to earn my diploma. In Hawaii, I maintained electronics equipment in P-2V Neptune patrol aircraft. I was assigned flight duty as radio operator. I also met my incredible wife Nadine in Hawaii. In 1961, we married.
In 1975, I retired as the youngest Senior Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy. My retirement ceremony, pictured above, was attended by my wife, Nadine and our three children. It took place in a blimp hangar at Naval Air Station, Moffett Field.
After retiring from my military career, Nadine and I resettled our family in San Jose, CA, where I began my second career in the electronics industry.
Chief Stores Clerk — Varian Associates
Customer Engineer — IBM
Program Support Representative — IBM
Senior Software Engineer — Boole and Babbage
Systems Engineering Specialist — Amdahl Corporation
Staff Software Support Specialist — Versatec / Xerox Engineering Systems
Established Software Quality Assurance Department — Xerox Engineering Systems
Software Quality Assurance Manager — Xerox Engineering Systems
Software Project Quality Assurance Lead — VISA
Project Management Lead — VISA
Director of Requirement Planning and Plan Management — VISA
In 2000, I retired from my civilian career. A year later we moved to beautiful Carson Valley to enjoy the best years of our lives.
Local Volunteer Work
Park Patrol — Indian Hills GID
Citizen Patrol — Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
Tiler and Lecturing Knight — Carson Tahoe Douglas Elks Lodge
Secretary-Treasurer — International Footprinters
Secretary — Douglas County Republican Central Committee
Volunteer — Numerous political campaigns
Volunteer amateur radio support — The National Pony Express Re-ride; America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride; and, The Death Ride
Elect “Walt” Nowosad for Commissioner
Please vote for me so I can assist in returning deliberative and honest processes to the Board of County Commissioners and keep our county rural, scenic, and quiet.